Your privacy is top priority for the Stamy Agency, Inc. We value the relationship that we have with our clients and understand that you trust us with personal information about yourself, your belongings and your family. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used in an appropriate manner. We do not sell your personal information to anyone and do not share your customer information with others, except as permitted by law.
The Privacy Statement (on the reverse side of this letter) meets the legal requirements set out by the federal government on financial institutions (including insurance agencies) in letting you know to what extent your information is shared by our agency. Currently the law requires that we notify you once concerning our policy and we would need to inform you again only if there is a change in our stated policy.
If you have any speciﬁc questions about this document, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Purpose of this Notice:
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any ﬁnancial institution, directly or through its afﬁliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-afﬁliates third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notiﬁes you of the privacy policies and practices of Stamy Agency.
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
Information we collect:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates, others, or us.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
- Driver record information.
- Information about your transactions with non-afﬁliated third parties.
Information we may disclose to third parties:
We disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as assets and income and identifying such information such as name, address and social security number
- Information about your transactions with our afﬁliates, others, or us such as your policy coverage, premiums and payment history
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as your credit worthiness and credit history, coverage, premiums and payment history.
Non affiliated third parties to whom disclosures may be made:
We disclose nonpublic personal information about you only to non affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Our practices regarding information conﬁdentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Our Policy regarding dispute resolution:
Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interest, Stamy Agency and its affiliates reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address , name, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that
- concentrated its business in a particular practice or service
- Agrees to be Stamy Agency’s successor in interest with regards to the maintenance and protection of the information collected and
- Agrees to the obligations of privacy statement.
What information does Stamy Agency collect from Web sites? Stamy Agency may collect the information you provide when you:
- Request information from the Stamy Agency Website
- Subscribe to online services
- Complete an online form
Stamy Agency collects site-aggregate and customer-specific information about the pages you view on our site. We log IP addresses, browser and platform types, domain names, access times and referral data. This information is used to improve our Web site.
Stamy Agency gathers data on its Web site. This is a standard industry practice and is used to find out how visitors use our site. We collect aggregate information on the public areas of our Web site. We also collect information on an individual basis on areas of our Web site that require visitors to logon using an ID and password. We may collect the following data:
- How many people visit our Web site
- The pages they visit and the features they use
- How long they stay on our Web site
- The Web site people come from before reaching our Web site
Use of “Cookies”
We store a cookie on your computer when you visit our Web site. A cookie is a tiny piece of information that is required to create and maintain a secure session. Cookies let you request information and do business online. Cookies do not have confidential or personal information. They do not track a user after leaving our Web site. We use a third-party tracking utility, which may set cookies, to analyze how users move within our Web site.
We keep the e-mail you send to us. If you agree to receive e-mail messages from us, we will keep the information you give us to send e-mail of specific interest to you. If you choose to send us e-mail, we keep your e-mail, your e-mail address, and our reply. Please be careful about the information you give us in e-mail. As with any public Web site, this communication may not be secure.
Why does Stamy Agency collect information on its Web site?
Stamy Agency or our business partners use the information from our Web sites for many purposes:
- Edits and feedback
- Marketing and promotions
- Analysis of user behavior
- Product development
- Content improvement
- Informing advertisers how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements
- Customize Web site content and layout
If we decide to use your personal information in a different way than for the use that we told you when we collected it, we will notify you by posting a note on our Web site for 30 days